Look up and meet the members of my riotous, badass posse … I’ve spent so much time with these little guys. I’ve even given them nicknames. Here are some:
- I call the parentheses “Smiles A Lot,” in honor of that kid in Dances with Wolves.
- I call the question mark “Confucius.”
- I call the colon “Gollum” (from LOTR), because it has no idea what it is.
- I call the comma “Dimples.”
- I call the period “Shel Silverstein,” because it’s where the sidewalk ends.
- I call the apostrophe “Lil Freckle.”
- I call the semicolon “Fassy,” after Michael Fassbender, because it’s sort of the big dick in the punctuation world.